Notice Under The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (“California Notice”) describes how we handle your personal information, the reasons we do so, and the rights you have as a California resident regarding your information. This Notice supplements the Hirebridge Privacy Notice.
This California Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations.
Capitalized terms used in this Addendum but not defined herein will have the same meaning as in the Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the terms of this Addendum and the Agreement relating to data protection or Personal Information, the terms of this Addendum shall prevail.
This Addendum shall continue in force until the termination of the Agreement.
This Addendum sets forth the requirements for the Processing by Hirebridge of the Personal Information of Consumers pursuant to the Agreement.
- “California Service Provider Act” (CCPA) means the California Consumer Privacy Act, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.100 et seq., including any amendments and any implementing regulations thereto that become effective on or after the effective date of this Addendum.
- “Consumer” has the meaning provided in Section 1798.140(g) of the California Civil Code, as of the date of execution of this Addendum. For purposes of this Agreement, “Consumer” can also mean a candidate or a prospect for employment with Customer.
- “Personal Information” has the meaning provided in Section 1798.140(o) of the California Civil Code, as of the date of execution of this Addendum.
- “Process” or “Processing” means any operation or set of operations that are performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, in connection with providing the Services to Customer by Hirebridge.
- “Sale” or “Sell” has the meaning provided in Section 1798.140(t) of the California Civil Code, as of the date of execution of this Addendum.
- “Services” means the applicant tracking services and any other services provided by Hirebridge to the Customer under the Agreement;
- “Subprocessor” means any subcontractor engaged by Hirebridge who Processes CCPA Personal Information on behalf of Hirebridge.
Representations and Warranties
- Hirebridge represents and warrants that it is a “service provider,” for the purposes of the services it provides to Customer pursuant to the Agreement, according to the meaning given to that term in Section 1798.140(v) of the California Civil Code, as of the date of execution of this Addendum.
- Hirebridge represents and warrants that it is a limited liability company that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders, members or other owners.
- Hirebridge represents and warrants that, to the extent that Customer discloses a Consumer’s Personal Information to Hirebridge, Hirebridge will Process that Personal Information only on behalf of Customer and pursuant to this Agreement and Addendum.
- Where required by applicable law, Customer certifies that it has obtained or will obtain all necessary consents, and has given or will give all necessary notices, for the Processing of CCPA Personal Information by the Service Provider in accordance with the Agreement.
Hirebridge Processing of Personal Information of Consumers
- Hirebridge certifies that it shall not process, retain, use, or disclose a Consumer’s Personal Information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the Agreement.
- Hirebridge certifies that it shall not sell a Consumer’s Personal Information for any reason.
- Processing CCPA Personal Information outside the scope of this Agreement will require prior written agreement between the Customer and the Service Provider on additional instructions for Processing.
Consumer Rights Requests
- On and after the effective date of the CCPA, Hirebridge shall comply with all applicable requirements of the CCPA, and shall, where possible assist Customer with responding to CCPA Consumer Rights Requests as required by applicable CCPA requirements.
- Hirebridge has built in tools for Customer to self-manage Consumer Rights Requests to remove data.
- Hirebridge shall promptly notify Customer of any Consumer Rights Requests received by Hirebridge from a CCPA Consumer in regard to Customer account, and shall not respond to the CCPA Consumer except to direct such CCPA Consumer to contact the Customer.
Get started with Hirebridge
Request a demo to get started or contact us for more information