At Velvet Taco, our food is ridiculously great and the opportunities to grow with us are too!
All of the food we serve is fresh, made from scratch, and over the top tasty. We think they are the best freakin’ tacos we could come up with and Nation's Restaurant News agrees with us. They named Velvet Taco one of the "2016 Hot Concepts" to watch award winners!
Director of Operations
Based in the Chicago area, you will be responsible for 3 to 5 high volume Velvet Taco restaurants and need to provide Operational leadership in conjunction with the company's short and long term growth plans in the market. You will work with Company Leadership to ensure operationally and financially successful Velvet Taco Restaurants in the region and you will also be directly responsible for New Restaurant Openings and Team building to meet company development schedules and achieve goals. You must maintain high food quality and cleanliness standards within the restaurants, ensuring training and development programs are implemented and executed.
This newly created position must be a cultural leader for the brand and set financial, and customer satisfaction goals to establish high standards as a building block for one of the hottest concepts in the industry. Velvet Taco was named one of Nation’s Restaurant News Hot Concepts in 2016 and is poised for aggressive growth in new and existing markets, we are seeking operational leaders to be industry leaders.
You will be asked to participate in company-wide initiatives and leadership meetings beyond normal traditional operational duties as the company begins an aggressive growth and expansion plan.
• Lead and encourage restaurant level leaders and team members in the planning, development and implementation of operational improvement practices. Live the Velvet Taco culture and be a brand ambassador every day.
• Mentor team members in region by providing clear and direct feedback to ensure high level of engagement and success in all operational metrics and people development.
• Drive the implementation and execution of Velvet Taco programs to the highest standards by supporting the restaurant management team to develop and execute action plans that meet the organizations goals.
• Develop and execute operational solutions that align with all organizational strategies, participate as an operational leader.
• Increase sales and revenue through improved restaurant operations. Understanding P&L’s and developing strategies to improve areas where identified.
• Build and develop management teams that create world class leaders and position the company for aggressive growth success.
• Execute and assist in developing strategies for restaurant support functions such as marketing, training, recruiting and NRO’s.
• Conduct analysis to determine performance opportunities within region, develop strategies and plans to improve where needed, while empowering GM’s to make decisions and resolve issues independently.
• Be the expert in tacos and ensure that all products are consistently prepared and served according to Velvet Taco recipes, portions, cooking and service standards every shift.
• People focused mentality to train and develop management teams to create career opportunities and world class teams.
• Restaurant Audits, hands on participation and coaching, ensuring safe and healthy work environments.
• 5+ years in multi-unit food service leadership role.
• Proven leadership skills with a strong ability to assess talent and build effective teams.
• Previous work in leading successful training and education programs across an organization.
• Hands on ability to direct management teams in high-volume, late night environments.
• Proven success in collaborative leadership and working with cross-functional leadership.
• Role model with high ethical standards for self and others.
• Strong business acumen with results orientation to drive key business performance metrics.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Velvet Taco cultural fit and takes initiative where opportunities exist.
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Hard working, outgoing, positive and friendly attitude.
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
• Ability to think analytically and perform tactically as well as strategically.
• Ability to recognize problems and problem solve.
• Ability to set goals and convert plans into action.
• Computer knowledge of excel, windows, POS programs.
• Organized and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellence communication and follow up skills a must.
• Travel Requirements: Expected to have high presence in local restaurants (80% of time).
• Educational Requirements: Undergraduate degree preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer