What You’ll Do:
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the planning, coordination, designing, project execution, and support of the technical environment that includes server operating systems, virtualization technologies, storage, cloud, and 3rd party commercial software. This person also should demonstrate the ability to mentor and support junior members of the team. Primary responsibilities of this individual will include the following:
• Write technical specifications for purchase of corporate technology equipment, infrastructure hardware, and related products
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs
• Deploy servers, storage, virtualization, and support hardware, middleware, firmware, and software as necessary
• Provide high quality support to customers and users handling requests and issues, ensuring IT SLA engagements are met.
• Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
• Provide “on call” and “off hour” resources and support as part of a team rotation