The best-in-class fleet management and Software Development company needs a best-in-class UX designer! We’re looking for a humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professional who can pick up and go with the latest industry standards, and even teach us a thing or two while they’re at it.
Day to day, you’ll be designing alongside our innovative UX team, working with product managers and programmers, creating everything from flow diagrams to the final touches, all while solving real-life problems that present themselves in field research. Our full-stack design approach not only creates a team of people who are able to tackle it all, but also allows room for sharing your own passions to make our products that much better.
This is the perfect time to come on board and show us what you’ve got. We have a growing platform of applications and features that is being refreshed and built anew, so our designers are in a unique position to directly impact the direction of our product suite. We’re looking for creativity and innovation while implementing a classic, timeless design.
What you’ll be doing:
• Designing at the helm of a whole new suite of product applications
• Identifying design problems and devising simple, elegant solutions
• On-site field studies and user research
• Translating concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences for a wide range of digital products
• Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly testing and iterating your designs
• Closely collaborating with teams and presenting to stakeholders
• Releasing multiple projects to development
• Taking smart risks and championing new ideas
• 3-5 years of UX design experience
• Must have a digital portfolio
• Extensive experience using Sketch, Invision and Zeplin (Adobe is great, but Sketch is our main playground!)
• Experience creating user-centered design, rapidly testing, wireframing, mocking up, prototyping and researching
• Experience writing user stories, defining personas and user testing
• Experience designing a cohesive style guide
• Designing mobile-first, with expertise in web and mobile apps
• Understanding detailed requirements and designing complete user experiences that meet the client needs and vision
• Ability to work tightly with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and management to guide solutions into production
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Provide mentorship to share knowledge with the team on user-centered design and best practices
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
• An obsession with good user-centered design practices and an impeccable eye for detail (e.g. typography, color, balance, etc.)
• A desire to help make people’s lives easier through design
• A go-getter attitude
• Asking “Why?” and saying “I don’t know, but I’ll find out.”
• Expertise in UX software such as UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer and/or similar
• Experience in doing Ethnography Studies
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. We have more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. We pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serve today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
Basically, we’re (trucking) awesome.