Make a meaningful impact as a Beverage Manager at USHG!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Beverage Manager is responsible for working directly with the Associate Director of Beverage (ADB) as a team to ensure the excellence, creativity, brand promise and profitability of all bar and beverage programs within USHG (Both Union Square Events as well as Full-Service Restaurants). The position serves as a subject matter expert, educator, coach and valuable resource to the Bar Managers and Beverage Liaisons as well as the bartenders and service staff as a whole. The position works directly with the ADB and local leadership to help inform, steer and importantly help execute decisions that impact the financial health of the business and are responsible to do so in a way that is aligned with the culture and policies of USHG. This position combines motivation of people with organization of staff education, creative execution at a high level and financial responsibility in roughly equal parts.
This position requires flexibility and a wide range of skills and knowledge in front of house and beverage positions along with people mentorship / leadership skills.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Key Responsibilities Include:
Beverage Program: Work closely with the Associate Director of Beverage (ADB), and local restaurant and operational liaisons to ensure the excellence and profitability of the bar programs within USHG
Hospitality: Work with each management team and lead the service staff in ensuring that USHG provides unparalleled hospitality for every guest
Service: With the Associate Director's guidance, work with the Beverage Managers and Liaisons to define and lead the service staff in ensuring the excellence of the technical elements of service during each meal period, as outlined in the service manual
Human Resources: Ensure compliance with and uphold the excellence of all aspects of USHG’s policies and practices
Operations & Profitability: Work with the ADB to assist in creating and redefining systems to ensure the efficiency and excellence of operations and profitability of USHG
Personal Development: Work with the Director to define and achieve goals that will lead to personal and professional growth
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Excellent Beverage knowledge – including beer, wine and spirits
- Excellent understanding of beverage inventory and cost management
- Excellent knowledge of restaurant service team roles
- 3 + years of restaurant beverage experience
- Strong Communication Skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Strong People Management Skills
- Understanding of Restaurant Systems (POS/Resy/Avero)
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university preferred
- Spanish a plus