We are seeking full-time Team Members to join Martina, a Roman-inspired pizzeria in the heart of the East Village from Executive Chef Nick Anderer. The menu draws inspiration from the bustling neighborhood pizzerie of Rome that churn out thin-crust pizzas and fried snacks alongside cold beer, champagne, and seasonal antipasti in a casual and upbeat setting.
As an entry-level Team Member at Martina, you will have the opportunity to learn every role at Martina in a high-volume, fast-paced environment: pizza cook, antipasto cook, prep cook, porter, expeditor and cashier. We will provide continuous hands-on training and a structured path to growth.
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Generous Paid Time Off (after 90 days of employment)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (after 90 days of employment)
- Accident Insurance, Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Options (after 6 months of employment)
- 401(k) with Company Match (after 1 year of employment)
- Flexible Spending Account
- USHG Employee Dining Program
- Corporate Discounts (cell phone, gym membership, spa, rental car discounts and many more!)
- Educational Opportunities on-site and through USHG
- Excellent Opportunities for Career Growth
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Previous experience in a fast casual operation (pizza experience is a plus!), restaurant or customer service role
- Basic culinary and food safety knowledge AND a curiosity to learn to more
- Passion and curiosity for food and the hospitality business
- Desire to create memorable experiences for guests
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team
Transportation Information: Martina is easily accessible via the 4/5/6, N/Q/R, & L trains.
Martina is located at 198 E. 11th St. (at the corner of Third Avenue) and will be open seven days a week for lunch and dinner: Sunday – Wednesday from 11am – 11pm, and Thursday – Saturday from 11am – 1am.