The USHG Legal team is seeking a Law School Intern to join us for a part-time internship during the Winter of 2018-2019
The Legal Intern will work closely with the Chief Legal Officer, Senior Associate General Counsel, Employment, and Associate General Counsel to support and strengthen the Legal Team’s systems and processes. The Legal Intern will conduct research, review contracts and have first-hand practical exposure to the legal and business operations of an industry-leading hospitality company and handle assignments in a variety of practice areas, including corporate governance, complex commercial transactions, real estate, labor and employment law, intellectual property and liquor licensing.
The weekly schedule will range from 16-18 hours per week.
The Legal Intern must be eligible to receive academic credit from Law School for this unpaid internship
- Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of Law School
- Familiarity with contractual concepts (completion of Contracts Class)
- General understanding of corporate drafting
- General understanding of real property concepts
- Superior research skills
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability of taking initiative & following through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Superior and professional verbal & written communication.