Union Square Events is seeking a Stewarding Supervisor to join the team of Bay Room!
The Facilities Supervisor will strive to increase overall efficiency in the day to day operations within Bay Room and throughout the 28 Liberty facility. This position will provide direct support for the Facilities Manager to ensure proper maintenance of the kitchen, event space and the equipment throughout the location. This position will be responsible for selecting, inspiring and scheduling a team of porters and cleaning crew. Other responsibilities include assistance in ensuring the compliance of DOH and HACCP standards set for receiving and food storage. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, has strong work ethic and enjoys motivating a team!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Improve the operation by implementing efficient cost-saving measures with the goal of saving capital, minimizing downtime and reducing operating expenses
- Organize and maintain the dishwashing station and surrounding area
- Organize and maintain the cleanliness of all common work areas
- Lead in the washing of kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Assist with the improvement of all aspects of Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) throughout the facility
- Collaborate with the Facilities Manager to assess items on R&M checklist for repair and take initiative to repair before outside vendors are solicited for work
- Work in conjunction with Operations and BOH managers to control labor costs by creating and maintaining systems that effectively manage labor expense and curb unnecessary labor expenditures
Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Remain current and compliant with HR practices and policies
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Assist the manager in holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary