Make a meaningful impact as a Service Manager at Danny Meyer's new downtown restaurant, Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service
- Direct and monitor service staff's adherence to technical and hospitality service standards.
- Drive the daily operations of the restaurant to ensure that all units are operating at full capacity
- Ensure that guests receive excellent service and hospitality.
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times
- Organize and complete the administrative setup and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check-in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all Dining Room and Kitchen team members
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
- Attend to guests – ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all
- Provide assistance to Service Teams when needed
- Complete all assigned administrative tasks on time
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
Continuously build a high-performance team.
- Work with the General Manager and the rest of the management team in supervising all service staff. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling employees; addressing employee concerns and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy, policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure that line-up program is dynamic, engaging and consistent at all times and coaches management to teach through line-ups consistently
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of operations/culinary experience in hospitality
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
- Excellent understanding and expression of USHG Culture/Philosophies
Photo by: Daniel Krieger