|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|
|System Engineer (Software Systems)|
Looking for a highly motivated, mid/senior level systems engineer (5-15 years) to support use case analysis, requirements definition, systems design and architecture development, and test planning for several DoD software product integration efforts which predominantly involve Service Oriented Architecture techniques. Work location would be in California, MD. This would be a full-time position. The primary job task is approximately 40% system analysis and requirements definition; 30% evaluations of relevant technologies; and 30% test planning, test case development, and test reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Strong communication skills with respect to communications with DoD programmatic and technical customer communities;
• Analysis and decomposition on general needs statements from DoD customers into implementable and testable requirements;
• Identification of test approaches and detailed test cases to support the test and evaluation of software requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 5+ years' experience with DoD, and in particular DoN, related requirements development
• Experience with the development of use cases, system and software level requirements, test plans, test cases, and test reports for deployed DoD systems
• Familiarity with the constructs and paradigms of SOA based systems
• Experience with systems engineering for software based systems
Bachelor's degree with a major field of study in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
Minimum 5 years' Experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)