|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|
|Software Developer Engineer/C# Web Developer (aka ITP Dev.)|
Software development supporting new technologies for the US Navy, from requirements development to validation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Detail-Oriented about coding, documentation and visual/interface design standards.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision-skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective solutions to software design and development challenges.
• Ability to work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
• Familiarity with software engineering disciplines from requirements development to validation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 1-6 years experience in ASP.Net or Java web development (ASP.Net with C# preferred).
• Experience with n-tiered web application design with database back-end.
• Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards.
• Experience with one or more integrated development environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.
• Experience with Versioning Control systems
• Experience with unit testing.
• Experience with test driven development.
• Experience with refactoring legacy software.
Experience: A strong understanding of Object Oriented Development and design principles
This position requires the applicant to have an active DoD Clearance and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately-held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly-complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)