Position: Director of Legal Affairs
Who We Are: Vivid Seats is the fastest-growing online marketplace for sports, theatre, and concert tickets. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the best ticket buying experience in the industry. We offer the perks, culture, and opportunity of an entrepreneurial start-up, supported by the scale, stability, and resources of over a decade of profitable growth.
At Vivid Seats, you won't ever be a sub or sitting on the bench — we'll give you the opportunity to carry the rock or grab the mic starting day one.
If you enjoy continually looking for ways to make an impact on your team, organization, and industry, we’d like to hear from you.
The Director of Legal Affairs is responsible for spearheading strategic and tactical legal initiatives across the entire company. This person will also provide senior management with well-thought out advice on all general corporate legal matters (employment, intellectual property, corporate governance, etc.), advise the business on vendor and other contract negotiations and draft contract provisions, and assess and respond to litigation and regulatory risk. Counsel must also be able to manage all aspects of the internal legal function and oversee outside counsel.
· Identify, evaluate and respond to compliance-related obligations and ensure company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Provide practical legal advice management in an efficient way.
· Support Human Resources in connection with employee contracts, policies, and procedures and corporate training.
· Serve as key lawyer on all business transactions including M&A and capital raising.
· Manage and mentor junior attorneys in the company legal department.
· Oversee the selection and management of outside counsel.
· Evaluate risks for all departments so that management can make informed business decisions.
Required Education and Experience:
· Law degree
· Admitted to the Illinois bar
· 7+ years of experience including a minimum 3 years at a top tier law firm and in house experience, demonstrating broad knowledge and experiences in the legal issues that may affect our organization
· Prior role establishing objectives and strategy for a legal department
· Experience managing attorneys and cross-departmental project management in a corporate setting
· M&A and capital raising
· Experience in a nimble start-up environment, with understanding of the needs of a more established company
· Familiarity and experience with budgets and business finance
· Ability to understand and navigate regulatory issues specific to the secondary ticket marketplace, e-commerce company operations, and consumer protection risks. Direct experience in our sector a positive
· Critical thinking skills including: exceptional judgment and practical problem solving skills
· Excellent collaborator and communicator with impeccable time and priorities management.
What We Offer: Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, substantial individual and team-based bonus opportunities, aggressive promotion timelines, and a variety of workplace perks. Specifically, staff has access to discounted event tickets, frequent in-office catered meals, monthly happy hours, team outings, free in-building gym memberships, subsidized healthy meal and snack programs, and summer sports leagues. Standard benefits are also offered including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible hours and paid time off, and transit plan discounts.
Vivid Seats is an equal opportunity employer. Vivid Seats prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.