• Ensure that all customer service, food preparation, workplace safety and sanitation procedures are at management’s expectations.
• Schedule personnel appropriately based upon business needs and events.
• Manage and maintain small wares, restaurant equipment, inventory and supply.
• Plans and executes the operational elements of all specialty events and services
• Consistent and efficient completion of all cash handling, payroll and inventory reporting paperwork
• Responsible for ensuring proper presentation, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures -- follows HACCP standards, and temperature records.
• Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
• Ensures that all injuries and accidents are reported on a timely and accurate basis.
• Ensures staff is in proper uniform and adhering to appearance standards.
• Interviews, Hires, Trains and Evaluates staff for all positions.
• Provides feedback and support to employees to further their development. Counsels as necessary.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications. Ability to operate Web based ordering system.
• Ability to write professional and efficient emails to peers, clients and customers.
• Ability to read and comprehend elaborate instructions, event requests, correspondence, and memos written in English
• Ability to lead small meeting and trainings with employees and other members of the company and cover basic health, safety, culinary and service topics.
• Supervise operation of bar and wine bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
• Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant and bar functions.
• Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
• Comply with all health and safety regulations. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
• Review and monitor, with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Push and Pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must have a professional attitude and the desire to grow with our rapidly expanding company
Bon Appétit offers benefits for all employees (fulltime, part-time, and on-call). Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, sick pay, and vendor discounts
Bon Appétit Management Company is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Must be able to pass criminal background check, E-Verify, and be available to provide a minimum of two references.