*This is a winter position. Tentative start date early-mid December.
*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of both Front Desk Supervisors and Front Office management.
Performs all duties in regard to operation of the front desk during the graveyard hours. Checks guests in and out, gives out general information about the resort, answers telephone and on occasion takes reservations, receives complaints and often is asked to problem solve and find solutions, responsible for excellent customer service.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Checking guests in and out.
2. Receiving guest complaints.
3. Coordinating accounting and billing needs with Conference Services, Central Reservations, Group Sales, and Accounts Receivables.
4. Resolving guest disputes.
5. Answering telephones, receiving guest request and coordinating with the correct department to ensure that guests’ need are taken care of.
6. Giving directions and offering general knowledge of Snowbird.
7. Travel: N/A
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. General computer knowledge, typing skills, or other specialized training.
Skills & Knowledge
Demonstrate basic competence in reading, writing, speaking, simple arithmetic, advanced communication skills, and interpersonal relationships.
Requires problem solving and initiation of less clearly defined job activities. Makes relatively complex decisions regarding resolution of customer complaints. Decisions are made within broad procedural guidelines. Discretionary judgment must be used to interpret a billing problem and chose a solution satisfactory to all involved.
1. Shifts vary, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Specific Shift: 10:00pm to 8:00am (4 days one week, 3 days the other week).
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
2. General office environment with limited physical activity.
3. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
4. Other/Additional: Frequently deals with difficult guests with difficult problems, with the help of management and supervisors, to find solutions satisfactory to all involved which can cause additional levels of stress.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.