*Seasonal Position. Tentative start date, mid-late November (Weather Dependent.)
***Potential for full time or part time
**All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Snow Removal Manager.
Operates heavy equipment for snow removal, construction, road maintenance, and flood control throughout Snowbird Village.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Must be able to operate various snow removal equipment including front end loaders and dump trucks.
2. Responsible for pre-trip inspections prior to each shift. Must document and report any mechanical/safety issues to mechanics.
3. Responsible for maintenance of tire chains, including fixing and rebuilding.
4. Record all mechanical work performed on maintenance work orders, record inventory and parts used and keep other records as necessary in order to assure accurate and complete maintenance histories.
5. Comply with all safety procedures within Mountain Operations.
6. Follow all safety procedures and practices in order to protect and assure personal safety and the safety of co-workers, guests, other equipment operators, the equipment and facilities.
1. Occasional contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 2-4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Valid Driver License w/ Clean MVR
3. Valid Class B CDL and current Medical card required.
Skills & Knowledge
Responsible for general maintenance of equipment. Requires mechanical skills and knowledge of diesel engines, general mechanical aspects of heavy equipment to sufficiently recognize causes of a malfunction.
Ability to read and write, perform simple mathematics with accuracy, and follow directions and procedures. Ability to maintain accurate records of work performed, record parts orders and work orders.
1. Specific Shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, could include shifts from 3:00am-10:00am. Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
2. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
3. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
4. Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
5. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.