*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Winter seasonal position with a start date of mid November to early December.
Pay: $6.25 - 7.25/hr + tips
Under the direction of restaurant manager. Responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a quick service experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2. Prepares for assigned bus station and is ready to assist others if needed, completes daily duties.
3. Meets all guest needs during the course of the transaction in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest.
4. Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
5. Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems. Handles guest concerns in a professional manner in order to provide quality guest services.
6. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager and Kitchen.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Food Handler Permit
Skills & Knowledge
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills, including excellent customer service, listening and oral communication skills. Additionally, must demonstrate ability to multi-task i.e, clear several tables at once while interacting with servers and the on table readiness and guest needs.
Requires some exercise of judgement within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Additionally requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and have a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
• Shifts vary, may be early morning, weekends and holidays depending on business levels.
• Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
• May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.