Friendly’s is creating memories one scoop at a time! Friendly’s Ice Cream is re-imaging! We have launched a major initiative in our restaurants and we’ve introduced a range of changes which include new menus, new uniforms, new look. We are growing and breaking records within Retail Marketing and our Creamery. We are leveraging our legacy and embracing the future at the same time. We are creating memories one scoop at a time and we need you to join this journey with us to REDISCOVER what you love about Friendly’s!
For over 77 years, Friendly’s restaurants and dedicated service teams have delighted generations of guests. For the future, Friendly’s has plans for new food and ice cream products, enhanced buildings, and new service channels.
We have a wealth of opportunities to offer those for career growth, to be financially rewarded and to be part of a family environment. Our restaurants expand from the Northeast, throughout the Mid Atlantic states and down through Florida. We are an Employer of Choice that practices promoting from within!
Did you know:
• Friendly’s founded in 1935 by the Blake brothers in Springfield, MA.
• Today Friendly’s has almost 400 restaurants in 12 states.
• We’ve given over 30 million dollars to charity since 1981.
• We are members of the communities we live in and do business in.
• We make 24 million gallons of ice cream each year.
• Friendly’s employs 17,000 people between corporate and franchised locations.
• No competitor has what we have for dessert options tied to our homemade ice cream and toppings.
• We have been making our own ice cream in Massachusetts for over 75 years.
• Our chocolate recently was named best chocolate ice cream in Kitchen Daily.
• Friendly’s is the number 1 retail ice cream brand in New England.
• We have our own distribution company, delivering our products to our restaurants every day.
We are a committed, passionate team who loves and supports the Friendly’s brand and will continue to be a part of this timeless transition.
The Food Technologist will be responsible in developing new ice cream products from concept to full production; provide technical support within our Creamery and provide information to support company SQF initiatives
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Managing the operation of the Food Technology Laboratory includes ingredient and material inventory and rotation, maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment.
Carryout projects for the development of new products; product improvements and cost savings projects. Identifying opportunities for new products, cost savings and quality improvements.
Provide technical information regarding formulas and processes and calculate ingredient and formula data; input and maintain data entry for formulas and processes.
Manage the Hamilton Grant specification data base for all ingredients used in our Creamery.