The Georgia Military College Online Campus Faculty provides the educational focus of online teaching (facilitating) in our academic courses, and service to the College, profession and scholarly activities are integral aspects of this position.
The Online Campus of Georgia Military College is accepting applications for Online Adjunct Faculty positions in Wellness.
Online teaching experience is highly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Develop strategies to teach the approved course content including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
2. Successfully deliver a course covering the course objectives indicated in the course syllabus.
3. Organize, prepare and regularly revise/update all personal teaching materials for the courses they are responsible for teaching.
4. Model exceptional verbal and written communication.
5. Facilitate topics in a logical progression and pace the delivery to meet the needs of the course requirements.
6. Utilize the Moodle learning management system to facilitate online learning.
7. Establish positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the online classroom. Facilitate active in-class discussions and display enthusiasm for the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
8. Incorporate higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to real-world assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
9. Ensure that the content and level of material included on assessments has been adequately covered in class.
10. Design formative and summative assessments to conform to the curriculum objectives.
A Master's degree (or higher) in Wellness or a related field of study is required, including at least 18 graduate hours completed in coursework directly related to the course(s) taught.
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled.
***Include with your submission; letter of interest, current resume or CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a copy of unofficial transcripts.