Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for a new Assistant Project Manager to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, our Assistant Project Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Reports To: Project Manager of Eataly
Job Description: Eataly’s Assistant Project Manager will contribute to Eataly’s continued growth and success by assisting with the day-to-day management of construction and development on new and existing store locations. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with all stages of the construction process including, but not limited to: pre-construction and real estate negotiations; procurement and brand strategies; material and budget sourcing; relationships with external partners; and daily planning and building coordination. He or she should also be comfortable managing onsite projects and construction teams.
We are looking for an intelligent, detail-oriented assistant manager who is interested in beginning a career with Eataly as we expand across the USA. The Assistant Project Manager will assist in representing Eataly in all discussions to deliver quality stores, on time and on budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support to the Project Manager in all stages of the construction process involving new Eataly store locations and smaller projects in existing stores. This includes, but is not limited to: procurement of construction services; management, coordination and inspection of contractor work; conducting onsite inspections and assessing property conditions throughout all stages of the building process.
• Represents the Eataly brand in discussions and budget negotiations with local builders, engineers, landlords and/or developers, real estate brokers, plan reviewers, inspectors, fire-safety and life-safety officials and other professionals as needed to complete the store project on time.
• Ensures integrity of each Eataly store’s design in partnership with the current Project Manager by reviewing outside proposals for store content and cost competitiveness; and considering regional requirements, laws and regulations.
• Assists in balancing multiple projects at various stages of design and construction across the USA.
• Helps to create and review proposals for new store locations and conducts location research for new construction, engineering and various consulting services.
• Partner with internal departments to deliver quality stores, on schedule and under budget.