Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic, and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and are looking for a new Restaurant Manager to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, our Restaurant Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Reports To: Director of Restaurant Operations
Job Description: Eataly’s Restaurant Manager is responsible for directing the front of house daily operations of an Eataly restaurant. The ideal candidate must to have the ability to oversee all facets of service operations, including customer service and front of the house staff management, scheduling and training.
We are looking for an energetic individual to be a strong, focused floor presence, not only maintaining service standards, but passionately training and inspiring staff about Italian food, wine and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Achieves restaurant operational objectives through estimating front of house food and beverage needs, requisitioning or purchasing supplies, beverages, and equipment. Analyzes financial information such as sales and costs, and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and expenditures stay within budget limitations.
• Takes action to correct any deviations from the budget.
• Supervises inventories, and estimates food and beverage costs.
• Accomplishes employee relations objectives by selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Escalates issues to appropriate outlet.
• Responsible for schedule and submits payroll for all front of house staff.
• Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents including guest complaints and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
• Inspects dining room, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment, and arranges for repairs, contracts, and other services.
• Collaborates interdepartmentally as needed to plan restaurant activities, special events, share information, etc.