Strategy and Management Services, Inc. (SAMS) offers a variety of enterprise-wide, complex services and solutions to our customers. Our mission is to exceed expectations with people who make a difference. What differentiates us from our competition is not only our ability to provide enterprise-wide services, but also because we hire people who go above and beyond expectations.
The Support Coordinator (SC) will identify various resources to refer participants to support groups, life skill education, and supportive counseling services. Will be required to provide information and referral resources for respite care services as requested. Develop informal partnerships with military, civilian and non-governmental agencies to leverage support. Analyze data from surveys, tracking systems, websites, and Management Information Systems to determine trends or areas requiring further study and to assess program effectiveness.
The (SC) is Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on Survivor Outreach Support (SOS) issues and services and perform the following tasks:
• Provide information to the community to increase community knowledge of SOS services
• Provide information to leadership and community on issues impacting Survivors
• Analyze data from interviews and customer/client interactions
• Identify client needs and make referrals as appropriate for assistance and follow-up and will contact the Family Programs Director, Casualty Assistance Center Benefits Specialist and Financial Counselor(s) to review cases identify trends
• Coordinate briefings, orientations, workshops and network to enhance local program delivery with appropriate outside agencies
Additional Duties: Utilize Army OneSource and Army Reserve Family Program (ARFP.org) systems to assess trends and identify additional resources for clients, assist customers by providing information regarding eligible benefits and developing plans of action based on customer needs, and will be required to keep abreast of research and policy/legislative changes impacting Survivors. Ensure all case records, follow up/outreach, training, reports and procedures are in compliance with standards in accordance with appropriate SOS program manuals, Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) and Army Regulation (AR) policies, and regulatory guidance.
LOCATIONS and AVAILABILITY FOR THIS POSITION VARY - WILL DISCUSS WITH APPLICANTS INDIVIDUALLY.