Position Announcement – Grounds Keeper
Currently seeking qualified candidates for full-time Grounds Keeper to completely manage our outdoor facilities. The successful applicant must be able to maintain our campus and athletic complex through proper fertilization, aeration, irrigation and disease & pest control. This is a four season position that includes snow removal, equipiment care, and supervision of student employees. For a complete job description or for more information contact the Maintenance Supervisor below.
• Able to read, write, speak and understand English well
• At least one (1) year of experience so that, with appropriate training, the assigned duties may be carried out
• Meets health and physical qualifications
• Maintains a valid driver's license
• Cuts lawns using hand mower, power mower or riding mower
• Trims and edges around walks, flower beds and walls
• Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth
• Sprays lawn, shrubs and trees with fertilizer or insecticide
• Rakes leaves and cleans or sweeps up litter
• Shovels snow from walks and driveways; spreads salt on public passageways
• Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs
• Waters lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system
• Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
This job may require lifting of objcts that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Other physical demands that may be required are:
Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
Climbing and/or balancing
• Central Christian College currently offers three Bachelor’s degrees: Bachelor of Science in Ministry with three majors; Bachelor of Science in Business with three majors; and Bachelor of Science with twenty-one majors. We also offer thirty-nine minors.
• Central Christian College educates students with an evangelical worldview, with a curriculum based on a Liberal Arts core.
• Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
• Affiliated with the Free Methodist Church of North America.
• Student traditional on-campus enrollment of approximately 300.
• Located in McPherson, Kansas, a very attractive community of 14,000 people, located 55 miles north of Wichita on I-135.
Preferred start date is immediate. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.