Senior Development Operations Engineer’s are responsible for participating in the effort of expanding the capabilities of our development operations team and infrastructure. The Senior Development Operations Engineer will be a part of our team working closely with Quality Assurance, our Engineering teams, Jamf Cloud, and the Cloud Operations team to build and automate our development lifecycle environment. Responsible for performance, quality, test automation and work with multiple operating systems.
This position extends the responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer II to creating, documenting, and communicating processes. They are responsible for driving consistency in process across the DevOps Engineers and ensuring that quality deliverables are produced in a timely manner. Senior DevOps Engineers are expected to lead by example, mentor and foster growth in other team members. A Senior DevOps Engineer uses their understanding and experience to help provide clarity in the execution strategy and tactics of other DevOps Engineers at Jamf. This role helps drive collaboration and consistency across the DevOps community at Jamf.
- Senior DevOps Engineers help lead development lifecycle strategies and day-to-day operations
- Maintain and scale our Continuous Integration environment as needed (VMWare, AWS)
- Oversee the design and implementation of Continuous Integration processes (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, Testrail)
- Work and communicate effectively with Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Operations, Quality Assurance, Automation, Technical Writers, Product Owners, and all Jamf stake holders
- Maintain our production product release environment, including assisting with disaster recovery (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, VMWare)
- Develop automation where appropriate to make processes used between teams more effective and efficient (Bash, Python, Go)
- Identify techniques and tools that will enhance the capabilities of the team to be more effective
- Provide input on promotion candidates and the annual review process for DevOps team members
- Perform other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures