The Product Owner facilitates the delivery of quality products that solve the needs of Jamf customers and align with the company strategy. They are a critical part of Product Management working with teams to turn new product initiatives into an actionable set of backlog items and ultimately new product features for Jamf customers.
The Product Owner team at Jamf is guided by the Scrum Product Owner principles. The Jamf PO extends those responsibilities to clarify product vision and purpose, define and organize backlog items, and share product enhancements with customers and stakeholders.
• Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
• Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
• Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
• Lead and inspire a team of developers to make sure you (as a group) do the right thing
• Be the ‘go-to’ person and know exactly what is in and out of scope for a product initiative
• Work with the feature team to deliver features and products on time and that meet acceptance criteria, budget, and time frame.
• Work closely with Product Management to represent customer needs and problems to solve
• Create and maintain the Product Backlog by continuously defining, prioritizing and clarifying user stories
• Prioritize backlog items that meet goals for new product initiatives, technical initiatives, and outstanding product issues
• Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives
• Understand the definition and provide measurement of success critiera for each product initiative
• Communicates status of feature teams and releases to the Organization
• Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
• Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
• Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
• Relevant experience in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of delivering new and profitable products (Required)
• Experience working with, leading, and motivating cross-functional and virtual teams (Preferred)
• Experience in an Agile development environment (Preferred)
• Experience with client management (Preferred)
• Experience in a customer-centric environment (Required)
• 2 year / Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Marketing (Preferred)
• A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
• Preferred Certifications/Licensures: (Certified Casper Administrator (CCA),Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO),Certified Scrum Product Owner training (CSPO training))
• Strong Communication Skills
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Proven Analytical Skills
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
• Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
• Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
• Strong Presentation Skills
• Atlassian Platform
• Apple Platform
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
Manager: Senior Manager, Product Owners