Empire Merchants Metro LLC is a leading distributor of spirits and fine wines. We are the critical link between the companies that produce alcoholic beverages and the retail outlets where they are sold, or the restaurants and pubs where they are consumed.
We are seeking motivated people to join our team in a variety of functions, including education and training, finance, marketing, logistics and operations, delivery, and customer service.
EEO Policy Statement
Empire Merchants Metro is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. EEOC’s EEO is the Law poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Empire Metro's Equal Opportunity Policy an be found here
BECOME OUR BEST INGREDIENT...
We have a perfect opportunity if you love the exciting world of Wines and Spirits, and like to be “on the go"!! You will visit a set group of accounts daily as you analyze their usage, prepare and deliver presentations, manage client inventory level, ensure preferred brand visibility, obtain payments from accounts and manage customer accounts receivables. You will also complete comprehensive training and maintain industry knowledge by attending educational workshops and actively networking.
Responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
• Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
• Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures national account compliance where applicable.
• Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
• Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
• Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
• Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
• Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legally permissable).
• Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
• Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
• Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with Field Sales Manager.
• Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
• Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
• Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
• Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
• Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
• Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
• Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle preferred.
• A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience.
• An understanding of wine and spirits is required. Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
• Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
• Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
• Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire, attend evening meetings and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position. Associate is often required to be in the market and may require exposure to inclement weather.