Empire Merchants Metro LLC is a leading distributor of spirits and fine wines. We are the critical link between the companies that produce alcoholic beverages and the retail outlets where they are sold, or the restaurants and pubs where they are consumed.
We are seeking motivated people to join our team in a variety of functions, including education and training, finance, marketing, logistics and operations, delivery, and customer service.
EEO Policy Statement
Empire Merchants Metro is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. EEOC’s EEO is the Law poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Empire Metro's Equal Opportunity Policy an be found here
This position consists of clerical work, which involves moderately complex work methods, problem solving skills, telephone skills, skilled typing and accounts receivables applications skills.
ESENTIAL POSITION RESULTS:
Supports the growth and success of the company by:
Answering Incoming phone traffic:
Candidate must politely answer incoming telephone calls from:
· Sales Representatives
· Maintain confidentiality of all company records, data, and customer information.
· Demonstrate skill in handling company telephone system within 30 days of date of hire.
· Be able to answer and respond to calls promptly, based upon corporate requirements and within a reasonable period of time.
Acknowledge and successfully respond to customer cod issues, by recording pertinent information into each customer activity log on each account for:
· Type of situation.
· Action needed and/or taken to resolve problem.
· Pending follow-up date (if any).
· Perform daily follow-up of prior entries on customer accounts.
Review customer account records to:
· Release pending orders (COD)
· Record customer disputes and follow-up to conclusion.
· Provide customers with copies of records as needed.
· Answer customer, sales/management correspondence as needed.
There are no supervisory duties associated with this position.
A high school diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years business experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Possess verbal skills.
Possess organization skills commensurate to achieve assigned work goals.