Empire Merchants Metro LLC is a leading distributor of spirits and fine wines. We are the critical link between the companies that produce alcoholic beverages and the retail outlets where they are sold, or the restaurants and pubs where they are consumed.
We are seeking motivated people to join our team in a variety of functions, including education and training, finance, marketing, logistics and operations, delivery, and customer service.
EEO Policy Statement
Empire Merchants Metro is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. EEOC’s EEO is the Law poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Empire Metro's Equal Opportunity Policy an be found here
We are currently seeking an extraordinary Account Development Specialist responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of supplier brands to a targeted account base through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
· Maintains key accounts, by effectively communicating marketing plans, maintaining relationships with influencers (bartenders and promoters), presenting new products and cocktail and wine list offerings, and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
· Produces wine, and cocktail lists by working with CENTIV or in house graphic department.
· Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account and surveying for opportunities.
· Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for each account by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
· Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
· Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
· Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling new products, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists and promotions.
· Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
· Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
· Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
· Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
· Educates account staff on priority brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
· Assists event marketing manager by helping to organize and execute events and brand promotions to maximize brand visibility.
· Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
· Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
· Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
· Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required.
· Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle preferred.
· A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience is required.
· A sound understanding of wine and spirits is required.
· Strong computer, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
· Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
· Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
· Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire, attend evening meetings or events and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position. Associate is often required to be in the market and may require exposure to inclement weather.