Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
• Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle preferred.
• A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience.
• An understanding of wine and spirits is required. Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
• Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
• Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
• Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire, attend evening meetings and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position. Associate is often required to be in the market and may require exposure to inclement weather.