Reporting to the Sr. Director, Clinical Science (SDCS), the Associate Director, Clinical Science (ADCS) will be a key contributor to Clovis’ clinical development programs. In conjunction with others in Clinical Development, this individual is responsible for planning and execution of clinical studies in order to successfully move programs through the clinical research process in a timely manner, in adherence with GCP, appropriate SOPs, and government regulations.
The ADCS will work closely with the SDCS and individuals in other functional areas (e.g., clinical operations, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, pharmacology, translational medicine, companion diagnostics, project management, quality, manufacturing, etc.) in the creation, management, and execution of one or more clinical trials/programs, in developing innovative and efficient solutions to medical and scientific clinical trial issues, and ensuring the successful execution and completion of Clovis’ clinical trials. The ADCS may also assist with other broad or diverse activities as needed, and when appropriate.
- Under the direction and oversight of the SDCS, design, oversee and/or execute, as needed and as appropriate, clinical deliverables in support of the clinical program objectives as defined and approved
- Develop and/or contribute to key clinical documents (Study Concepts/Synopses, Protocols, ICFs, etc.), as well as to clinical sections of other key documents (Investigator Brochures, INDs, NDAs, Briefing Documents, abstracts, manuscripts, etc)
- Provide medical and scientific input into the development of deliverables required for study activation, conduct, and closure (CRFs, SAP, Data Listings, CSRs, etc.)
- Review, analyze, interpret and present clinical data both internally and externally
- Represent a clinical study or development program on one or more teams or sub teams
- Contribute to and optimize an effective KOL and investigator communication strategy
- Interact with investigators as warranted to obtain necessary information before, during and after the study
- Organize and present at KOL advisory board and investigator meetings
- Train/mentor Clovis colleagues, CRO and study site staff on the therapeutic area, molecule and clinical documents as appropriate
- Working with other departments, create functional policies and procedures to provide strong and efficient clinical development processes that are appropriate for a matrixed environment
- Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the work listed above and may include other assignments as necessary