The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) functions as a highly trained, field-based, scientific expert who engages health care professionals to exchange clinical, scientific, and research knowledge in the assigned European region/country. Following regulatory and corporate guidelines, the MSL will facilitate and build scientific relationships and collaborations with the medical/scientific community; the position interacts with local, regional, and national healthcare providers, medical societies and organisations of the assigned European region/country.
• Function as the primary point of contact in the field for Clovis Oncology Global Medical Affairs.
• Interact with key thought leaders and healthcare professionals in an appropriate & compliant manner.
• In an accurate, fair and balanced manner, exchange scientific information with external parties.
• Intake and manage investigator initiated research interests.
• Report field intelligence to Clovis Oncology including competitive information, perspectives about compounds, and the treatment landscape.
• Provide support to the Clovis Oncology clinical development and operations teams through site recommendations, site initiation visits, facilitation of communication, and accrual support activities.
• Participate in or lead advisory board meetings at the local, regional, and national level.
• Provide internal and external training about preclinical science, clinical data, and outcomes.
• Represent Clovis Oncology at medical conferences and provide session summaries.
• Within guidelines, provide cross-functional support across Clovis Oncology by being a scientific resource.
• Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge about pertinent studies, compounds, and diseases that would facilitate collegiate and scientific discussions with leading oncology thought leaders.
• Consistently demonstrate a high standard of excellence in the management of assigned territory while also supporting contributing to the success of colleagues and the MSL organization as a whole.