Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Business Analyst in our Coxsackie, NY location.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Computes, classifies, records and verifies numerical data for use in maintain accounting records by performing the following duties:
II. ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Setup of Supplier Accounts and Billing
• Setup of Supplier Agreements as necessary
• Management of Supplier Accounts Receivable
• Reconciliation of Accounts Receivable
• Create/Update and Analyze Supplier AR Aging Report
• Collect on Open Accounts Receivable by working with Supplier Rep, Supplier AP or other Rep and involving Brand Mgr. as necessary
• Provide feedback and appropriate remedy of problem resolution for Supplier Open Accounts Receivable
• Provide assistance to Cash Application Clerks for processing of checks and/or credit memos for Supplier AR
• Process invoices for Allowance of Doubtful Accounts and maintain write off schedule
• Maintain all Accounts Receivable Schedules for key suppliers
• Manage the Price Support process relative to Supplier billing and reconciliation
• Co-Pack Expense-vendor invoicing and reconciliation Supplier A/R
• Unsaleable Expense-vendor invoicing and reconciliation Supplier A/R
• Market Spend Monthly Report Supplier A/R
• Supplier DA and Sample Brand Reports Supplier A/R
• Reporting for Board packet
• Preparation of monthly support schedules
• Invoice and process supplier chargebacks
• Process and invoice /credit of manual adjustments
• Maintain Internal Order database by Supplier and Brand
• Assist and provide backup for additional accounting schedules as necessary, creating necessary journal entries.
• Winshuttle of departmental entries
• Maintain Account Reconciliations as assigned
• Examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
• Studies and presents remedies and/or standardization of process to improve efficiency
• Researches errors and complaints/issues
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES