Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
Are you a new graduate, looking to gain experience/knowledge? Do you enjoy working with a team or independently to solve problems? Do you take pride in customer service and the experience people have when working with you?
We are seeking a motivated candidate to fill an entry level Customer Service / Accounts Receivable position to provide prompt, professional support to our customers relating to order entry, payments, payment inquiries and questions via phone. Possessing math skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi task while meeting deadlines. This position holds excellent learning opportunities for a motivated individual looking to enter our company with the opportunity for growth within Empire Merchants North. If you feel you are a good fit, we invite you to apply!
To provide support to EMN customers both internal and external as the primary contact for customer account inquiries. Maintain and build customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
•Receive customer, driver and sales rep calls by answering phone, email or other communications for, but not limited to: New accounts, orders, credits, returns and exchanges, researching particulars for pricing and quantity discount disputes, requests for statement, invoice or credit copies, account balance inquiries, phone payments, payment inquiries and questions.
• Alert customers and drivers of COD status changes throughout the day
• Review pending defaults with Team Lead and post to SLA website. Print and mail default documents to customers, change credit terms in SAP
• Research AR payment discrepancies (shorts pays, unauthorized deductions, etc.) by reviewing issued/non issued credits, credits taken 2x, missed invoices, etc. and may include calling customer
• Process and/or assist in Credits
• Secure email addresses by asking customers for email address for order confirmation and notice of default email notifications.
• Report all customer correspondence and/or issues to Team Lead
• Provide Reception duties on a shared rotational schedule but not limited to schedule.
• Duties performed at reception include, but are not limited to scanning of credit, will call and/or delivery invoices. Process/and or assist in credits. Will Call procedure.
• Sales Reports as requested by NYS Dept of Tax & Finance or Customer
• Communicate and understand the customer’s calls by listening with a focus on the customer’s needs while maintaining company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude by listening and responding to all customer and EMN associates.
Work Hours/Shift: 9am-6pm - Monday-Friday