Senior Manager/ Manager - AR Collections
This position is in our Finance department for experienced graduates & postgraduates with 13-18 years of experience in collections / Accounts Receivables environment including at least 7+ years as a people manager role. The role requires prior experience, leadership skills and maturity, besides the ability to manage global customer and business interactions. The position reports to the Director of Accounts Receivable and has a primary interface with multiple international partners and customers in a matrix organizational structure.
This is a position of elevated responsibility, which is primarily responsible for managing collections target and will also be looked upon to guide and partially manage the overall provision of Accounts Receivable. This position originates and leads Finance practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
Work Hours: 6:30 PM – 3:30 AM IST
· Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts / portfolio
· Follow up and Negotiate with delinquent customers: Helping in high-level negotiations and escalations with delinquent B2B customers by calling and sending reminders, Demand / Dunning Letters, delinquent notices to overdue accounts
· Aid in Decision Making: Actively interact with US team and help in delinquent customer’s related decision-making.
· Conduct team strategy meetings and periodical one on ones
· Partner with cross functional teams to share best practices and improve communication and procedures
· Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
· Recommend accounts be shifted to an external collection agency and to be written-offs.
· Reporting: Tracking assigned project performance and weekly & monthly reporting to the direct Supervisor.
· 13+ years of overall experience, with experience in collections
· Strong mathematical skills, attention to detail, goal oriented and should possess problem solving capabilities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required
· Experience using Oracle Financials and Salesforce is a strong plus
· Self-starter who is action oriented, organized, and possesses a strong sense of urgency
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented and intensely deadline-driven environment