Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models.
Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing an assigned set of municipal clients with a focus on maintaining and growing renewal rates. This person must also establish and maintain good client relationships with a particular focus on retaining customers and identifying opportunities for additional sales of new products, licenses or upsell modules.
Frequent travel (20-25%) is required.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the relationships with influencers & decision makers within customer accounts to promote loyalty and high customer retention.
- Generate leads, identify opportunities and close deals for additional Aptean products, add-on licenses, upsell modules & next version upgrades for existing Aptean customers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of a customer’s business goals and the status of all current projects and issues
- Penetrates assigned accounts by:
- Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers
- Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location
- Selling additional customer locations
- Selling the value of maintenance
- Optimize portfolios, prioritize accounts and create & maintain strategic account plans, quotes and forecasts
- Manage a revenue and bookings quota and participate in frequent forecast reviews of assigned territory.
- Maintain accurate and timely opportunity, customer & contact data
- Facilitate internal communication, including cross-functional transitions, escalations and contracts by engaging appropriate Aptean team members to add value to account
- Maintain good industry, business knowledge and product knowledge as is relevant for assigned accounts
- Coordinate/facilitate technical presentations and participate in customer & marketing events
Use knowledge of customer needs and industry trends to provide input into product strategy
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Preferred 2-5 years’ experience within a municipality or working with financial ERP systems or within a sales/account management role. Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates a solutions selling, customer focused approach towards clients.
- Thorough understanding of the customer sales cycle
- Experience working with software products, services, competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Knowledge or previous experience in the software industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience of working with and understanding contracts is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the organization
- Excellent sales, negotiation skills and objection handling skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good decision making ability and negotiation skills
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at 888 506 0711 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.