Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
S/he will review and provide direction for complex projects, mentor junior team members, and evangelize our preferred technologies and frameworks across development teams.
The role offers expertise across product lines, manages divergent interests and contributes in making strategic decisions which will have an impact on the business.
Can advise Senior Management on specialized technical issues. Conducts, supports and reports research in her/his area of expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- A Senior Architect, Development in the Common Technology group has deep working knowledge of their technology specialization.
- Has awareness of the approach Aptean products have adopted with respect to their specialization.
- Is the authority for the architectural direction and adoption strategy of the frameworks they are responsible for.
- Enforces architectural constraints, rejecting designs which compromise system integrity.
- Participates in cross-product reviews and projects.
- Expert for all technologies used in within their specialization. Understands the related and competing technologies.
- Fosters adoption of their frameworks by providing documentation, training, sample code, and developer support.
- Report progress to department head and managers on adoption and effectiveness of the frameworks they are have developed.
- Makes sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization. Is good at modeling, rigorous in documenting decisions, and good at communicating them to various audiences.
- Acts as a key member of the change control board, especially during the final phase of the project.
- Should also have the qualities to lead fast, agile teams. S/he is a central decision point for technical issues, and should ensure development is not slowed by indecision. S/he should motivate the team and cooperate and respect the developers. In practice s/he will usually decide on the internal structure of the system and interfaces between components to increase parallel development, i.e. the architecture, but s/he must also account for human concerns such as proper credit for developer effort.
- Should asses and decide which code goes into the framework. Check code quality not only in terms of defects but also code flexibility and robustness over time. S/he delegates this task to a few trusted, core developers. Should also decide when a release is ready.
- Helps in defining the responsibilities of an Architect in the company, including what architecture means in the company. Creates a community of architects within the company. Creates training and education for the company's architects. Participates in identifying and recruiting potential architects. Explains the architecture of the company's products to customers.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Masters in UXD or HCI would be a plus
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 8+ years.
- Has advanced knowledge on Design patterns, Architectural styles, User Experience Design, Usability, Accessibility, Internationalization and Responsive Design.
- Experience with Java or C# enterprise application development.
- Exposure to Sencha Ext.JS, Angular, React.js, PhoneGap, Cordova, Progress OpenEdge, Unity, D3.js.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases, Networking, Amazon Web Services, and SaaS.
- Knowledge of Source Control and Project Management tools like TFS, Git and JIRA.
- Has advanced knowledge of DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration and monitoring.
- Has good experience on design and test of non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of domains such as ERP, CRM, SCM or Infrastructure Enablement systems, working knowledge of project and product management is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Excels at generating new ideas.
- Strong team building skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience in active listening, mentoring and coaching. This also includes good negotiation skills, good stakeholder communications.
- Excellent at giving and receiving feedback with the ability to handle conflicts professionally.
- Ability to work with global teams at different time zones and ability to learn and adapt to changes, new process and environment.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws No applicant for employment with Aptean shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, covered military veteran status, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation or parental status.