Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models.
Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Manager, R&D is able to manage multiple products. S/he should have professional qualifications with several years of work experience, specialized knowledge of work area and good people management/interpersonal skills. S/he is able to propose product development strategies, keeps abreast of technology, and manages delivery, quality, cost and recruitment of the project. Has the ability to independently evaluate, choose and implement processes.
Scope: Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Complexity: Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Supervision: Manages, perhaps through subordinate team leads, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
Interaction: Frequently interacts with subordinate team leads, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge to practical issues often relating to more than one functional area.
- Provides overall direction for complex activities - providing guidance and inputs for a medium-sized project or multiple small-sized projects. Resolution of problems require analysis of facts and general principles.
- Has a significant impact on a small department/function. The role manages work activities of team through lower level supervisors/ individual contributors.
- Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback to employees and handling team work allocations.
- Ability to adapt to various communication styles and interpret non-routine and conflicting information.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures, determines a course of action based on these guidelines.
- Good project and people management skills are required.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
- Ability to do Project Management, Resource Management, Customer Management, Estimation, Release Planning for multiple products.
- Ability to create motivational and positive culture.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 6 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range of experience is 10-13 years. 10+ years’ experience in the software development field with a preference in Microsoft .NET technologies. Solid working knowledge and experience in agile development practises.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Collaborative Leadership Skills, change management skills, Accountability, decision making and team management skills, Team motivation and role model for junior members of team, Ability to represent product team, Excellent written and spoken Communication skills, active listening, Mentoring and Coaching, giving and receiving feedback, Negotiation skills, Stakeholder communication, handling conflicts, Excellent relationship building skills, Intercultural skills, ability to work with Global teams at different time zones.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 888 506 0711 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.