Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Tired of half-hearted Agile implementations that never quite meet the goals of Agile? Want to implement SAFe and DevOps? Do you have great customer communication and skills as a Business Analyst? Octo Consulting Group is seeking a senior-level Scrum Master/ Business Analyst to join our growing team in support of one of the most interesting WordPress implementations across the Federal Government. As a Scrum Master you will facilitate all Scrum processes, from requirements gathering, requirements definition, and all the way through sprint planning. This includes working with the product owner and the development team to maximize productivity; maintain the product and sprint backlog; remove impediments and obstacles the team is experiencing; create and update various statuses and productivity reporting; ensure all standards and processes are followed; and generate all required reports and related artifacts. Responsible for the day to day oversight for the project(s) under the directions of the Program Manager and in coordination with the Operations Lead, ensuring the overall scope and technical requirements for assigned sprints are understood and implemented. You will interface heavily with internal and external development life cycle group representatives in the areas of requirements management, configuration management, quality assurance, release management, technical writing and network support from project inception, and throughout, to ensure technical requirements for assigned sprints can be effectively carried out.
· Demonstrated experience working with Agile, and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, especially those that support scaling Agile to an enterprise such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
· Demonstrated experience in using an Agile development framework including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
· Demonstrated ability to orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
· Demonstrated experience ensuring that the technical expectations of deliverables are met through Agile processes; additionally, support the continuous improvement of those processes
· Demonstrated experience delivering agile software solutions using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Adaptable Software Design.
· Schedules and conducts task level meetings with assigned technical staff to gain insight into the state of individual release and sprint plans, schedules, deliverables, milestones, project risks and mitigation.
· Develops SCRUM reports and artifacts to include User Stories, Velocity Charts, Burn-down Charts, Sprint Retrospective notes etc.
· Complies with implementation of baseline contractual plans and tools for configuration management, systems development methodologies, quality assurance, testing and technical writing.
· Performs multi-hat roles to include one or more of the following: Requirements Management (User stories, Epics, Product and Sprint Backlogs), Configuration Management, Change Management