Candidate’s required qualifications include:
· 2-3 years of experience as a Systems Administrator maintaining Windows Server 2003 or later systems
· DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II compliant (Octo will reimburse for training required to meet this compliance requirement)
· 2-3 years experience or knowledge of Network engineering (VLANS, traffic optimization, etc.)
· 2-3 years troubleshooting desktop, application, hardware, and server environments and infrastructure
Desired Skills/ Certifications:
· Experience running ACAS and SCAP scans
· Security + CE Certification (required for DoD 8570 Compliance – Can be acquired upon joining Octo)
· MCSA Certification (MCSE preferred) - (required for DoD 8570 Compliance – Can be acquired upon joining Octo)
· ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
· HBSS or ArcSight administration experience
· Microsoft SCCM experience
· Proficiency in Windows operating systems
· Proficiency in server virtualization VMWare
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work in a team environment with other SMEs of different technical backgrounds
· Proficiency in industry standard Microsoft desktop applications
· Knowledge of and experience with BMC Remedy
· Knowledge of running DISA STIGs on Window servers
· Ability to create and maintain a STIGed baseline OS for system Installations
· Advanced Systems/software engineering experience with scripting abilities
· Planning, deployment, and operational use of Security Center with Nessus, and Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS)
· Experience in Data Security, security center scanning, running network and credential scans, vulnerability analysis, PVS Vulnerability and Event Analysis, Compliance Audits, and Security Center Roles
Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
· Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
· Per contract clearance requirements, US citizenship is mandatory.
· Relocation will not be offered.
· Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
· Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.