Take your career to the next level with Octo!
Octo Consulting is searching for a dynamic BI Reporting Developer to join our growing team and support a Navy Business Intelligence Program.
What does Octo do?
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. Our clients are federal agencies that are making a difference in the world.
- Will serve as a senior Business Objects Reports Designer/Developer for BO Xi Enterprise 3.1sp3
- Provide thought leadership on Business Intelligence (BI) concepts and leading practices
- Develop reports using Business Objects tools
- Provide requirements analysis, level of effort estimation, and project planning
- Collaborate with business users, analysts, developers, and testers
- Solve complex problems, assimilating information rapidly, and working under pressure
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Serve as the primary hands-on technical developer for Business Intelligence projects.
- Possess strong expertise with the Microsoft BI/Reporting platform, including SQL Reporting Services.
- Model and support enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts in the creation of a modern, highly effective BI platform following industry best practices and patterns.
- Provide strong expertise in testing of BI solutions.
- Perform complex analysis of business use cases to ensure BI solutions meet client needs.
- Contribute towards BI security requirements
- Identify and communicate issues and risks in a timely manner for proper management.
- Contribute to documentation and enforcement of standards.
- Produce high quality project artifacts including technical requirements, BI architecture, technical specifications, test documentation, system/operations guides, issue/enhancement request documentation, and disaster recovery plans.
- Leads Agile ceremonies and manages JIRA backlog