Take your career to the next level with Octo!
Octo Consulting is searching for a dynamic BI Project Lead to join our growing team and support a Navy Business Intelligence Program.
What does Octo do?
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. Our clients are federal agencies that are making a difference in the world.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the areas of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse tools and utilization, best practices, business process management, resource management and technical architecture planning and support for the delivery of technology solutions.
- Manages a team of analysts or developers who facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures development and implementation.
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems.
- Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities
- Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Maintains reports/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as required to ensure that they are accurate and presentable at all times
- Improves project success by evolving and enforcing strong project management common best practices and capabilities
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of broader business opportunities and strategies to allow for an appropriate match between the real opportunities of the business and the real capabilities of current and emerging technologies
- Stays up-to-date with technology and industry trends by proactively participating in self-study, conferences, webcasts, user group participation, reading or other relevant means
- Provides input to personal yearly objectives and effective leadership to staff through coaching, motivating, and mentoring.