Take your career to the next level with Octo!
Octo Consulting is searching for a dynamic Senior Data Architect to join our growing team and support a Navy Business Intelligence Program.
What does Octo do?
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. Our clients are federal agencies that are making a difference in the world.
- Designs and builds relational databases.
- Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata repository creation.
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases.
- Consults, facilitates understanding, and translates data requirements into logical, physical and semantic layer models across the analytical data environment.
- Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs.
- Profiles and analyzes source system data to determine data relationships, design constructs, consistency and quality.
- Ensures data designs follow architectural best practices and appropriate business rules
- Facilitate data integration, conformity, data quality, integrity and consolidation
- Be an advocate for best practices while balancing business value and reasonable practicality
- Creates and maintains critical data documentation and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged as a shared asset.
- Develops strategy and repeatable process for maintaining the Enterprise Data model using automated tools.
- Analyzes and evaluates data definition and modeling environment providing key recommendations for improvement. Assist in defining data modeling standards, and foundational best practices
- Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Reviews and develops object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.