Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting is seeking a Senior Architect/Developer to join our team.
• Work with Business Analyst team and the customer to understand technical requirements
• Provide accurate estimates of effort required to complete assignments
• Provide subject matter expertise to translate system requirements into code
• Participate in solution design and concept visualization
• Design, develop, test and debug multi-tier software solutions while following software development process, coding and configuration management standards
• Participate in defining user interfaces, gathering technical requirements, writing technical specifications and documentation.
• Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most effective software development approach
• Complete assignments according to the established deadlines
• Apply expert knowledge of Agile Development principles.
· Familiar with distributed architecture and relational databases
· Experience developing custom software
· Demonstrated experience in IT concepts and practices
· Understands the software development lifecycle and is familiar with more than one approach to software development
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Good communication skills with a customer support orientation
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Desire to develop in an agile environment
· Experience with agile methodologies a plus
Technologies and Tools:
· Windows Server
· SQL Server