Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo is looking for a Human Resources Generalist.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing duties contained within Human Resources as well as some duties defined by other Service Centers. The successful incumbent will work closely with the HR / Service Center teams and management in supporting designated functions. This position carries responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee orientation / onboarding, off-boarding, employment law compliance, background investigations / vendor management, policy administration, and the like.
· Benefits administration – performs benefit administration (health, dental, ancillary, 401(k), FSA, Leaves, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and COBRA) to include claims resolution, change reporting, ADP and / or website entry, responding to employee inquiries, wellness events, approving invoices for payment and necessary communications to employees. In addition, serves as internal point of contact to benefits broker and / or carriers and platform points of contact. Enters benefits information as necessary.
· Employee Onboarding / Orientation – schedules orientation directly with employee and internal distribution lists as well as facilitates orientation sessions, as required. Ensures new employee packets and information are accurately prepared, communicated or distributed. Collects and ensures accurate completion and administration of all required new hire paperwork and checklists. Assembles and communicates any exceptions with internal teams to include payroll, recruiting, IT, and Finance. Enters new employee into SL/Unanet, Workforce Now, eVerify, background investigation system, and payroll tracking memo; paying special attention to exceptions. Ensures benefits are set up, as selected and employee receives timekeeping, Workforce Now enrollment, performance management instructions.
· Off-boarding – Schedules exit interview and ensures off-boarding paperwork is accurately completed, equipment is collected, and filing procedures are adhered to. Records feedback and may determine and respond to trends.
· Performance management – Assists in the administration of the performance management cycle, which includes professional development, mid and end of year assessments. May help in automation, user testing and, process refinement activities. May track certifications and education.
· Policy implementation – understands and adheres to company policies and programs. Assists in the development and administration of new laws, regulations, executive orders, and the like.
· Compliance – Complete and submit EEO / Vets / Affirmative Action reporting. Understands and adheres to various federal and state laws. Responds to and messages around benefits notifications.
· Other – Processing background investigation requests and / or verifications of employment, running ad-hoc reports, track turnover / retention, responding to employee inquiries, liaison for information regarding payroll exceptions and works closely with ADP service center as necessary. May collect and or complete and submit benefits and / or salary surveys. May assist with employee relations issues.
· Innovation – Identifies and recommends processes and procedures in which to streamline current approach and administration.