Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking experienced Line Cooks to join the team at Manhatta!
Line Cooks start at $15/hour, with revenue sharing, full benefits, and jaw dropping panoramic views of New York City from our space on the 60th floor of the 28 Liberty building! You'll get the opportunity to work alongside Executive Chef, Jason Pfeifer, who began his career with USHG at Gramercy Tavern, then trained at Noma and Per Se before joining the opening team of Maialino. The ideal candidate will be friendly, devoted, curious, and have a strong passion for food and hospitality.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining Credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized workstation
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
Skills and Requirements
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
Photo by: Daniel Krieger