Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Service Director to join the team at Gramercy Tavern!
The Service Director at Gramercy Tavern will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations and service standards of our restaurant. This individual will be responsible for formulating and monitoring service department goals, supervising the dining room and/or private event execution, and ensuring each of our guests has a warm and memorable experience. The Service Director will ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures, and work to continuously build a high performance team.
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service at GT.
- Drive Service Standards for all Front of House positions at GT.
- Develop, update and adhere to a Training Manual & Cycle of Service Systems for all service staff that defines and articulates clear technical and social standards for service for all positions.
- Appropriately and effectively schedule all service and support team staff according to team and business needs.
- Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors.
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation.
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times.
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
- Ensure all menu descriptions are kept accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members.
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods.
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Cultivate Regulars and continue to find ways to strengthen the GT community.
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years' management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite