Make a meaningful impact as a Baker Supervisor with Union Square Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Baker Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of 4 and producing artisan breads in a high-volume production kitchen along with assisting the overall running of the kitchen, cleanliness, and organization. The Baker supervisor, in partnership with the Pastry Chef, will help foster team spirit and relationships within the team in order to create comradery and a strong, positive, and supportive working environment. This individual will also assist in menu and recipe development for Union Square Cafe and Daily Provisions. The Bread Supervisor is to understand ordering of products and inventory procedures in reflection of their daily production. This individual is expected to develop an understanding of food cost and labor cost, and how these costs reflect in the daily production of their Bread Bakers.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Minimum 3 years' experience in bread baking
- Flexible availability, ability to work early mornings and weekends
- Advanced knowledge of naturally leavened and enriched breads
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player attitude
- Ability to lift 50 pounds