Make a meaningful impact as a Pastry Cook with North End Grill!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a Pastry Cook with North End Grill, you will learn all parts of service and production working side by side with our Michelin trained Pastry Chef in a calm environment. We offer a seasonal French-American inspired menu, and experimentation with new techniques and menu input is encouraged. Externs and recent graduates are welcome!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of Department of Health food safety standards
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Experience with pastry plating and pastry production
- PM availability