Make a meaningful impact as a Benefits (HRIS/Payroll) Administrator with Union Square Hospitality Group!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York's most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few! As we continue to expand our family of businesses, we are looking for a talented General Manager to join our team.
The Benefits Administrator primarily coordinates the effective management and delivery of various employee benefits (as well as all leaves of absence administration ) including but not limited to medical and dental insurance, disability, life insurance, retirement benefits, and voluntary benefits, and the USHG Employee Dining Program. Essentially, this individual acts as a customer service consultant handling complex issues regarding benefits. In tandem, payroll and HRIS duties will be assigned as part of supporting the P&C and Accounting teams. This position actively embodies and inspires skills that will elevate the core values and mission of the Union Square Hospitality Group.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
- Act as the liaison between the HR department and employee customer base, providing excellent service and hospitality to all employees.
- Benefits & Wellness Management and Administration
- Employee Dining Program Management
- FMLA & Short-Term Disability Administration
- Payroll/HRIS Support
- Spanish support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 2 years of experience in HR Administration
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field from accredited University
- Preferred experience in Hospitality/food/restaurant business
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Knowledgeable in HRIS and Payroll Systems
- Familiarity with Report Tracking Systems
- Integrity and discretion, as well as attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organizational awareness
Ideally you also have:
- Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred