The Modern is seeking a Restaurant Manager to join their team!
The Restaurant Manager of The Modern will collaborate with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager to lead and manage all facets of the Front of House operations at The Modern, including the Bar Room, Dining Room, Bar and Private Dining Room. The Dining Room Manager will assist with developing a well-trained, knowledgeable service team while achieving unparalleled hospitality raves and aggressively seek opportunities for industry recognition.
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of Service at The Modern
• Direct and monitor service staff's adherence to The Modern’s technical and hospitality service standards.
• Ensure that guests of The Modern receive excellent service and hospitality.
• Appropriately and effectively schedule staff according to team and business needs
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
• Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation
• Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times
• Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
• Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
• Attend to guests – ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all
Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
• Adhere to all Modern procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
• Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
• Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
• Keep employees informed of all benefits-related activities, meetings and offerings
• While building a culture of enlightened hospitality and a high-performance team, develop and achieve individual performance goals and metrics for developmental employees that profitably grow the business.
Continuously build a high performance team
• In collaboration with GM, Executive Chef, Dining Room & Kitchen Managers, continuously strengthen The Modern’s brand and culture by delivering uncommon hospitality and excellence to The Modern’s guests while building and strengthening core business through regular guest and business development.
• Collaborate with GM and Chef to determine goals, timeline and tactics to achieve industry recognition that is aligned with mission statement for The Modern.