• Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests.
• Answer guest inquiries in regards to restaurant hours of operation and basic information, menus and reservations.
• Demonstrate ability to recognize regular guests, restaurant critics, industry professionals and peers within the organization.
• Multi-task and Demonstrate athleticism when “finding the yes” for all guests.
Leadership and Communication
• Demonstrate leadership within the Host/Reservations team and set the tone for service for all FOH staff.
• Act as a liaison between the guest, management, service staff and kitchen. Demonstrate professionalism when speaking to guests and colleagues.
• Work with efficiency and a sense of urgency while remaining composed. Multi-task with grace and poise.
• Quote accurate wait times to guests during service.
• Effective, timely and accurate use of the soignee, transfer ticket and phone order system. Ensure that all processes are brought to fruition with a sense of urgency.
• Take action while balancing the needs of the guest as well as the business.
• Have a working knowledge of Opentable functions required for use when completing sidework and during service. This includes, but is not limited to status changes, use of the waitlist function, guest searches and reservations.
• Demonstrate an understanding of reservations booking strategies. Can coordinate with management to “build the book” and boost cover counts in the bar and trattoria.
Understanding of basic Opentable troubleshooting.